TU is conducted and financed through a voluntary co-operation between a number of collaborators. Organisations, companies and others who wish to make use of TU-data are always welcome to contact us in order to know more about options and conditions. We are available through email at Turequests@transport.dtu.dk or by phone to project manager Hjalmar Christiansen at +45 4525 6508. Before doing so we encourage you to read the general guidelines below:
Being a contributor involves the following benefits:
- Full access to official TU-datasets which are available in Access-, SAS- or SPSS-format. New datasets are released at least once a year (5-6 weeks after the turn of the year)
- Some technical support from DTU, particularly in an introductory period
- Access to unique benefits (introductory course, standard reports etc.)
- Influence on the survey through the participation in the user group
- Analysis of data can be conducted by the contributor, by any consultant company or (for a fee) with assistance from DTU.
The cost of membership starts at about 15,000 DKK/year (for an average-sized municipality), with a minimum term of 2 years. For interest groups, larger public authorities and others, the price of membership is determined individually. In all cases a simple contract between DTU and the new contributor is drawn up.
Data can also be bought on an ad hoc basis:
- This covers custom datasets for a specific purpose based on a written specification (normally via email)
- The terms of delivery and conditions are negotiated with DTU
- The fee covers access to data and time used to generate the dataset
- The cost typically ranges from about 10,000 DKK. for a relatively simple dataset - and up to 50-60,000 DKK when the datasets are complex, covering large amounts of data and requires a large amount of time to generate the dataset
- Usually datasets are delivered as an Excel spreadsheet accompanied by a short technical explanation. Further documentation or explanations are subject to associated with an additional fee.
Results at a general level are available free of charge:
- Main results, usually for Denmark as a whole, are available on this website.
- Key figures, simple tables and graphs along with links to selected reports can also be found on the website.
- Or send an email to Turequests@transport.dtu.dk, then we will consider the request.
Special terms for researchers, students and the press:
- Simple custom datasets for use in research or student projects are supplied free of charge.
- Larger projects or access to data on a detailed level are usually subject to a fee.
- As an equivalent to this, key figures and simple datasets are supplied to the press for free.
- Supplied data is intended for the use of the recipient only.
- Thus raw data and results may not be passed on to other parties or made public on websites without DTU's prior agreement.
- Data can be used for analysis purposes, reports etc. which are made public in printed form - including download of reports from websites etc.
- Use of TU-data in projects involving both TU-contributors and non-contributors must be approved by DTU
- ”Transportvaneundersøgelsen, DTU” should always be stated as the source. In some cases DTU can request that the data-period and/or the version of the dataset used is stated as well.
- As a main rule we request that an electronic version (or download link) of significant public reports or similar is emailed to DTU.